Skip to content
(+31) 79 316 62 25
Please, do the Test
Did you know?
Are you prepared sufficiently to operate internationally?
1. You are flying to Australia. The plane has to land in Bangkok, owing to unforeseen repairs. You remember you have a business partner in the city, whom you could visit. However, you have not done any business with him recently. What do you do?
You visit the business partner with whom you had better maintain relations.
You do not visit him, for you think you should not disturb him without a good reason.
2. One Sunday afternoon you arrive in Warsaw, Poland. There you will have business talks on Monday morning. Your Polish contact invites you to drop by at 17.00 hrs. Now you know the Polish eating and drinking habits and wonder whether it would not be wise to eat a little something before the visit. What do you do?
No, for your contact will probably offer you something to eat.
Yes, for when drinking vodka with Poles, one would be wise to eat something.
Yes, for it will be quite a while before one can sit down at table for a meal.
3. Recently your firm founded a subsidiary company in a small town in France. You are Managing Director of this subsidiary company. Manual workers are still working in the new building: cables are seen in the corridors. However, there is very little noise and your office is in perfect order. Will you receive visitors there or somewhere else?
You rent a hall in a castle outside the town.
You meet with your clients in a beautiful hotel in the inner city.
You take your clients to a motel in the neighbourhood.
You apologise for receiving your clients in the building of the subsidiary company.
4. You are a professor at a university in France. Among your students are some Koreans. You give assignments to the groups of students. The small group of Koreans also gets an assignment. After two weeks you ask one of the Korean students to talk about the results of his group’s research. The Korean unswervingly looks at you, doesn’t say a word and sits down again. You feel that some kind of misunderstanding had occurred. Question: What did you do wrong? Explain very briefly how you would deal with this misunderstanding
You become angry and insist to get an immediate answer from the Korean.
You will ask another Korean of the group for the result of the order.
You plan to ask the oldest person of the Korean group to give you the result of the order.
You ask the whole group for a meeting to find out the result of the order.
5. A Dutch salesman makes a product presentation for two German sales managers. He tries to include a great deal of German business culture – no humour, many figures and especially articles from business journals. But he is a Dutchman through and through and wants to do business with the German sales managers soon after his presentation and a short talk. The Germans don’t want to do business with him. Why?
The Germans would like to have more information about other products of the company before they do business with the sales person.
The Germans would like to have a word with their boss before they go ahead with the business.
The Germans use the monochron approach. They don’t hurry and do things in a structured way.
TRAINING - PROGRAMS
Training - programs
International negotiation technology
Modern sales technology
Rhetoric for managers
Dealing with difficult employees
Being successful on the telephone
Go to Top